A few days in pictures

Geoff Grell, my awesome PT, and my post-treadmill self. Kind of a dopey pic, but a truly great rehab experience.

On Thursday morning I graduated from Physical Therapy! Geoff put me through the series of strength tests we’ve been doing for the past several months and decided I was good to go. I felt good to go. And forced him to pose for this silly picture. 🙂

Then I got to do the next step of my run progression on the treadmill, in which I worked up to an entire half-mile of running. Yee-haw! It felt great.

So next week I’ll see an athletic trainer at the U of R Sports Medicine clinic (where I’ve been going all along), and she’ll check out my run form. I’ll meet with her as much or as little as we decide…and then I’m on my own! Except that I’m not because I have my fantastic coach and teammates to keep me headed in the right direction. It feels so awesome to have that support!

Baby bunnies in the greenhouse at work! Awwwwwwww!

So today – Saturday – I was hoping to try a ride with the Geneva ladies. But even before they called the ride off I realized it would not be smart to go. High winds, rain, temperature maybe 40 degrees…not the conditions for my first group ride (and first ride longer than 39 minutes) after my crash. So I hopped on the trainer for 90 minutes, watched part of Sherlock Holmes and watched my heart rate monitor have basically an hour-long nervous breakdown. I just wanted to get it a cup of tea. But the fact that it was completely wonky let me focus in on the feel of the paces I was trying to ride and pay attention to my cadence. And then when it finally did calm down and start reading normally again, it turned out I was right where I wanted to be.

And THEN, I unpacked my kitchen boxes! Yeah! After 5 podcasts, a snack break, and two rounds of dishes, I had stuff put away and had NO more boxes to trip over. Check out the “Tak for maten” (Thanks for the food) plate from my Grandma over the sink. 🙂 I celebrated by making a totally yummy dinner with my newfound utensils and counter space.

Tak for maten, and tak for countertops I can find.

Tofu, peas, garbanzos, spinach, onion, and miso sauce. Yum.

Too bad I didnt take a Before picture!


About solveighanson

I'm a (late) thirtysomething Plant Breeding Ph.D. student, daughter / sister / auntie, vegetable fan, yogi, sometime cyclist, and enthusiastic if infrequent baker. I started this blog in the summer of 2010 to trace my recovery from a pelvic fracture sustained in a cycling accident. That healing process was truly transformative, and since then I seem to have written mostly about the transformations that have followed. And hence the title of the blog: Don't call me a butterfly, because I'm not done changing.
This entry was posted in Food, Recovery, Training. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to A few days in pictures

  1. Glad you are recovering!! That kitchen is spotless!! LOL!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s