The week isn’t done yet, but so far it’s brought a lot that’s too good not to share. So, the good stuff:
- The most meltingly tender, flavorful, succulent chicken I’ve ever had, in tacos at this week’s Slow Food Family Dinner. I will be buying and roasting a chicken this weekend!
- “It isn’t about proving something; it’s about sharing an experience.” – Yo Yo Ma, on the reason that he doesn’t get nervous about making mistakes in concerts.
- Driving with a bendy left arm. So easy. So easy!
- Noosa yoghurt. Silky, tangy-sweet-just-a-little-salty, heaven in a bowl. Seriously, try not to die before eating this.
- Unconditional love.
- Learning why high density polypropylene is rigid, why beta-carotene is fat-soluble, and how tomatoes take on a chocolate tone. For all the weirdness of being an extra-super-senior in undergrad classes, I’m so glad I came back to school.
- People willing to talk about important things.
- Cool air. Fall feels good, and I think it’s even supposed to be sunny tomorrow. Um, or Saturday.
- Two killer chocolate chip brownies, from different bakers, in two days.
- Hearing my Grandma say as she hugged me goodbye tonight, “Life is just going to keep getting better,” and believing it.
TGIF, everyone, but more than that, TG we get to do this. On to the last three.